Port Arthur Historic Site is a compelling and dramatic reminder of our convict past and the early settlement of Tasmania. Interpretive and interactive presentations bring to life the harrowing life of convicts 200 years ago.
Heading south east from Hobart enjoy the changing scenery passing Pirates Bay, Eaglehawk Neck and Norfolk Bay. Stop to take in the dramatic sights of Tasman's Arch and the Devil's Kitchen, stunning natural rock features. On arrival at Port Arthur enjoy an introductory 40 minute guided walking tour to familiarise yourself with this expansive site before exploring at leisure. Enjoy a short harbour cruise passing the Isle of the Dead and get a feel for what it was like to arrive by boat at this desolate location.
- Departing Hobart view Government House, home to the governor of Tasmania
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsula
- Pristine Pirates Bay
- Eaglehawk Neck- stunning rocky coastline
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Find out what's unique about Doo Town
- Visit highlights of Tasman National Park - the spectacle of Tasman Arch and the magnitude of the Devil's Kitchen
- Port Arthur - historic convict site and living museum
- Guided walking tour of historic Port Arthur with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay around the Isle of the Dead
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the prison, the Commandant's House, church and more
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Admission and guided tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
- Harbour cruise and Wi-Fi on coach
All tours offer complimentary door-to-door pick up services from most inner city accommodation providers. As it is not practical to stop at every accommodation provider we will endeavor to arrange a pick-up at a nearby location for your convenience.
WHEN BOOKING IF YOU DON’T SEE YOUR LOCATION ON OUR LIST TELL US IN THE SPACE PROVIDED YOUR ACCOMMODATION ADDRESS SO WE CAN ARRANGE A PICK UP AT THE MOST CONVENIENT LOCATION FOR YOU.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TOUR OPERATOR
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher which will be issued to you at the time of completing your booking. Our Product Manager selects only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you thus ensuring your peace of mind. We are truly Day Tour Specialists.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Jacket in the cooler months
- Low level of fitness required