Ride the restored Puffing Billy Steam Train for a memorable journey on Australia’s most notable narrow gauge railway. Enjoy the lush ferns and dense forests of the nearby Dandenong Ranges
- Journey to the Dandenong Ranges to ride the Puffing Billy Steam Train through the mountain ash forest and cool fern gullies
- See the many native Australian birds and animals of the Dandenong Ranges – listen for their distinctive calls
- Hand feed cockatoo birds in the Dandenong Ranges (seeds provided)
- Whilst admiring the fantastic forest scenery, look out for
kookaburras, bell birds and king parrots
- Enjoy a delicious home made Devonshire tea – hot fresh scones with jam and cream and the choice of tea or coffee at Grant’s Reserve
- Enjoy the picturesque mountain villages scattered along the way and the meandering drive that leads through lush forests and
- Visit the quaint little town of Sassafras renowned for beautiful antiques and local crafts
- Have free time to wander and explore this little township
- Marvel at the towering mountain ash and beautiful gullies of Sherbrooke Forest and enjoy the spectacular views and lush rainforest settings
- The Dandenongs
- Arts & Craft Shops
- Devonshire Tea
- Hand feeding the Bird Life
- Puffing Billy Train
- Puffing Billy Steam Train Ride
- Devonshire Tea
- Transportation by luxury tourist coach-panoramic windows, climate controlled air-conditioning, toilet, video, state of the art sound systems, reclining seats
- Professional Driver/Guide
All tours offer complimentary door-to-door pick up services from most inner city accommodation providers. As it is not practical to stop at every accommodation provider we will endeavor to arrange a pick-up at a nearby location for your convenience.
WHEN BOOKING IF YOU DON’T SEE YOUR LOCATION ON OUR LIST TELL US IN THE SPACE PROVIDED YOUR ACCOMMODATION ADDRESS SO WE CAN ARRANGE A PICK UP AT THE MOST CONVENIENT LOCATION FOR YOU.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TOUR OPERATOR
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher which will be issued to you at the time of completing your booking.
Our Product Manager selects only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you thus ensuring your peace of mind. We are truly Day Tour Specialists.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Jacket in the cooler months
- Low level of fitness required