The spectacular scenry along the Great Ocean Road is a famous tourism attraction itself, as this trip includes a range of unforgettable coastal scenic spots, with new views being revealed around every bend of the road. You are sure of having plenty of scenic stops and photo opportunities, of course including the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch.
Kennet River is one of the townships and stops where you may find the local koalas. The koala population here is particularly strong and numerous sightings are guaranteed! You will also have an opportunity to feed the beautiful local birds such as Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots.
Stop for lunch in Apollo Bay with another photo stop at Cape Patten on the way. Then follow the Great Ocean Road away from the ocean and into the mountains. The tour proceeds through the spectacular Otway Ranges, where we take a guided tour through the forest.
Then it's onwards to the world famous Port Campbell National Park and its iconic array of rock formations. You'll be awestruck by the majestic monoliths of the Twelve Apostles. Here you will also have the opportunity to take to the air with an optional helicopter flight (can be selected at time of booking – additional cost).
Just down the road is the heart of the Shipwreck Coast, the Loch Ard Gorge. Your guide will narrate the legend of the Loch Ard, bringing the gorge to life in a way you never imagined. We take time to explore here, with more rock formations to see, including the Razorback, the Dumpling Pots and the delightful Island Archway. Your final sightseeing destination is the collapsed London Bridge, where two holiday makers were stranded when the first arch collapsed in 1990.
A dinner stop is made on the journey back to Melbourne before enjoying a stunning view of the illuminated city as we cross the Westgate Bridge again on the way home.
This tour is guaranteed to be a true highlight of your holiday.
- A truly scenic journey along Australia's most spectacular coastal route
- Bells Beach - Australia's most iconic surfing beach
- Coastal township of Apollo Bay
- A guided eco tour in the Great Otway National Park's rainforest
- Guaranteed koala viewing in their native habitat
- Stunning photography opportunities
- Port Campbell National Park
- Twelve Apostles
- Loch Ard Gorge – hear the story of our most famous shipwreck
- Learn the story behind of London Bridge's collapse in 1990
- Morning tea (coffee/tea/hot chocolate & cake)
- Fresh café lunch
- Optional Scenic Helicopter Flight (can be selected at time of booking – additional cost)
- National park fees
- Professional Driver/Guide
- Morning tea
- Café lunch
- Free on board Wi-Fi service
- Scenic Helicopter Flight (optional)
All tours offer complimentary door-to-door pick up services from most inner city accommodation providers. As it is not practical to stop at every accommodation provider we will endeavor to arrange a pick-up at a nearby location for your convenience.
WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR BOOKING, PLEASE INDICATE IN THE SPACE PROVIDED, YOUR ACCOMMODATION ADDRESS
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TOUR OPERATOR
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher which will be issued to you at the time of completing of your booking.
Our Product Manager selects only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you thus ensuring your peace of mind. We are truly Day Tour Specialists.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Jacket in the cooler months
- Low level of fitness required