The Great Ocean Road is an Australian National Heritage stretch of road along the southeastern coast of Australia built by returned soldiers between 1919 and 1932.
The road hugs coastline affectionately known as the Surf Coast and the Shipwreck Coast providing visibility of Bass Strait and the Southern Ocean. Enjoy one of the world’s great coastal drives, with its dramatic scenery of striking contrasts. The region boasts powerful seas, golden beaches, peaceful townships, giant cliffs and lush rainforests. The tour travels via Anglesea, Lorne, Apollo Bay and Port Campbell, the latter being notable for its natural limestone and sandstone rock formations including Loch Ard Gorge, London Bridge and The Twelve Apostles.
- Spectacular coastal views along the Great Ocean Road
- The Surf Coast-long sandy beaches and rolling surf
- Stunning photography opportunities
- Stop at Memorial Arch
- Seaside towns of Torquay, Lorne, Apollo Bay and Port Campbell
- Stop at picturesque Apollo Bay for lunch (own expense)
- Lunch is included on Tour K4+L (See Fares section above)
- Great Otway National Park Rainforest
- Fern gullies and eucalypts make up this rainforest
- Famous rock formations of the Port Campbell National Park
- Breathtaking helicopter flight over the Shipwreck Coast (optional)
- The awe-inspiring Twelve Apostles
- London Bridge
- Loch Ard Gorge - site of the tragic shipwreck of the "Loch Ard"
- Port Campbell - holiday resort and fishing village
- Spectacular night lights of Melbourne from West Gate Bridge
- National park fees
- Transportation by luxury tourist coach-panoramic windows, climate controlled air-conditioning, toilet, video, state of the art sound systems, reclining seats
- Professional Driver/Guide
All tours offer complimentary door-to-door pick up services from most inner city accommodation providers. As it is not practical to stop at every accommodation provider we will endeavor to arrange a pick-up at a nearby location for your convenience.
WHEN BOOKING IF YOU DON’T SEE YOUR LOCATION ON OUR LIST TELL US IN THE SPACE PROVIDED YOUR ACCOMMODATION ADDRESS SO WE CAN ARRANGE A PICK UP AT THE MOST CONVENIENT LOCATION FOR YOU
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TOUR OPERATOR
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher which will be issued to you at the time of completing of your booking. Our Product Manager selects only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you thus ensuring your peace of mind. We are truly Day Tour Specialists.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Jacket in the cooler months
- Low level of fitness required